Thursday, July 9, 2015

28 Awesome Things About My All-Time Favorite Person

28 years ago today a super awesome thing happened. My best friend and favorite person on earth was born! So I decided that in honor that I would give you a list of 28 awesome things about him. Note: There are way more than 28 awesome things, but he's turning 28, hence why the number has been chosen.

28 - Passion for film - If you claim to be friends with this guy and don't know that he has a huge passion for film, then you are a liar. He loves movies, and can tell you all kinds of random facts about different films and the actors. He has definitely opened up my movie world a lot since we met. He can hold a pretty solid debate as to why he does or does not like a specific film, something that I think is rare and awesome

27 - His ability to put up with my crazy-ass - This alone is enough for me to love him. I'm an emotional mess of a person, I mean I cry at pictures of puppies because they are so cute. But no matter how my craziness comes out, he always knows how to just go with the flow and make me see the light, if you will.

26 - Best hugger - I don't think many will debate me on this. A hug from Thomas is one of the most comforting bear hugs you will ever receive. Having a bad? Give him a call and tell him you need a hug.

25 - He knows what he likes - Make no mistake this man knows what he does and does not like. He gets a lot of flack from myself and his family for his food choices, but as it turns out he's the healthiest one of all of us.  If he does not like something he is not going to eat it, watch it, participate in it. On the other hand if he really likes something he wants everyone else to know because he knows it makes him happy and he wants to share it with everyone, which is always a good quality!

24 - How excited he gets over anything to do with Felix - Our nephew Felix was born in November of last year, and boy does this uncle LOVE his nephew. He proudly shows off photos that he has on his phone and computer to everyone who will take a look. And he should Felix is the cutest. While he hasn't been around him too much he is also really great with our 4 year old nephew Avery. Every time Avery is on Skype now, he wants to know where Uncle Thomas is.

23 - His nostalgia for things from childhood - Whenever we come across something either at Amoeba or on the internet, that was something he loved from childhood he gets crazy happy, it's adorable. I love it when he shows me something that he loved as a kid.

22 - Protective nature - He is very protective of those that he loves. If someone hurts someone that he loves, you can be sure that he is going to have something to say about it. He's told me stories, I wouldn't piss him off.

21 - His romanticism - When we got together, and for years after, Thomas used to tell me that he didn't know how to be romantic. He was wrong. He may be the most romantic person I've ever met, but then again I'm biased. My 20th birthday was absolute proof of that. I am a very lucky woman to have met a man who has such a big romantic side to him.

20 - Great listener - If you need to vent, this is who you go to. Most of the time he will just let you talk so that you can get things off of your chest, then he'll give you a hug. Sometimes that's all you really need.

19 - Ability to get zoned into a video game - The boy loves video games. Sometimes when he is playing his games, he get so into the zone that you have to say his name 3 or 4 times, louder each time to get him out of it. Some people might find this annoying, I think it's pretty cute because it's something he loves to do.

18 - Doting on our piggies - Last year I called him when I was on the way home from work and informed him that I was on the way home with a guinea pig. I knew he like animals but I had never seen him own one, so I was unsure as to how he would take to them. We now have two and it's safe to say that he loves our little piggies just as much as I do. Our little Lola loves him the most because she gets to chew on his beard.

17 - Enjoys Gordan Ramsay - Enough said.

16 - His best friend is his sister - Thomas and Barbara have a pretty much have one of the best sibling relationships that I've ever seen. They are extremely close and love it when they actually get to spend time together.

15 - Smarty Pants - Incredibly smart and knowledgeable about so many things. Sometimes he surprises me. He knows a lot about architecture which I always find fascinating.

14 - Knowing what it takes to cheer someone he loves up - if you are sad, and you are someone Thomas likes, he will do whatever he can to cheer you up. In the case of myself it's usually showing me tons of pictures of adorable puppies romping in fields or something like that.

13 - A big love bug, who pretends he isn't - Thomas tends to have pretty hard exterior. Once you get to know him, you realize that he is actually a teddy bear, hence the epic hugs. Don't get me wrong he's a pretty tough dude, but he is also one of the most cuddly, caring and loving people I have ever met. While he pretends he doesn't, he actually does like most people.

12 - He's hilarious - Spend two minutes in a room with him. He is funny. And if something isn't funny, he can usually make it funny.

11 - Does his best to pitch in. - It is rare that I have to ask him to do something around the house. Because it's usually already done. I have heard many people complain about their significant other not being willing to pitch in around the house, but I am pretty lucky in that sense. We have a pretty good system when it comes to the cleaning. He's the best organizer around, and I usually handle most of the dusting and surface things. Thomas is a human version of Tetris.

10 - Is pretty handy (because I am not at all) - He can fix things. I cannot. He actually gets use out of the tool box his mom bought us when we moved in together.

09 - His uncanny ability to fall asleep in the weirdest places - While he tends to have some pretty tough issues with insomnia, when he's ready to sleep, this man can sleep anywhere. That is some sort of magic skill. He has been known to fall asleep on rocks.

08 - Amazing with kids - As the person who is marrying him, I love how much he loves kids, and how much they love him. I'll never forget us going to the beach one day and these two little boys decided that he was awesome because they kept throwing their toy cars into the hole they dug in the sand, and Thomas kept getting them for him. He thought it was hilarious.

07 - Solid Work Ethic - Thomas has a had string of jobs that he really has not enjoyed. At each one though he has always put in his full effort to help the place run smoothly. If someone can put their all into a job they don't like, then what kind of work will they do for something they do like? He is with out a doubt one of the hardest workers I have ever met.

06 - He makes amazing french fries - Last year he taught himself how to make french fries at home, and they are the best french fries ever!

05 - Epic DVD collection - Seriously someday we could open a video rental store with how many DVDs he has. He loves them, and keeps track of them in a very well organized spreadsheet, that includes information like the director, and genre I believe. Over 1700 DVDs!!!

04 - He gives no crap about gender roles - We like to joke that in our relationship I'm the guy. Strictly because out of the two of us, I am the one who will be watching the Sunday football game, and drinking beer.


03 - He's talented - He can write, sing, and act and he's not too shabby drawing either. He is a multi-talented human being and that makes him a force to be reckoned with.

02 - Ability to make killer CD's - This must be a Greene trait, but he makes different mixes and CD's. He's only one CD for me personally, which is an awesome playlist, but he has made other playlists for driving which I always enjoyed when we were home.

01 - He's the best friend that anybody can have - Thomas is a very loyal and loving friend. He will love you until you give him a reason not to. Even then he will still fight to keep the friendship alive for as long as he can. If a friend is in need of help is one of the first to be willing to show up and lend a hand. He loves his friends and his family more than anything.

Here's to you Thomas Prescott Greene, for being the best french fry eater and maker, for loving film and film culture, for being an amazing friend, brother and uncle and for always being unapologetically you. I'm so glad you picked me to be your future wifey! I love you more than I can ever tell you, and am so glad you were born! Happy Birthday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment