Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Day 4 and 5 - Time Warner Cable is not good for late night blogging.

When I got home Sunday I was too tired to do much of anything, so I just read my Bible for a bit and went straight to sleep. Then on Monday night for whatever reason Time Warner decided that my internet was not going to work for a few hours, without warning...this is not the first time this has happened. But Day 4 was a particularly good day, very busy, but good. I started attending Wilshire United Methodist Church in my area over a month ago, and I absolutely love it there. I have never felt more at home in a church.

For a few months now I have had this huge desire to work with teens in some way, volunteering somewhere. I think I've found my spot. The youth ministry at W.U.M.C. is called Youth 4 Jesus, and at the moments it's only a group of about ten kids. Yesterday I got to interact with them for the first time, just to see what they were about. I have a few more sessions to sit in on but I am really looking forward to getting to interact with these guys!

Today Day 5 (now yesterday) Monday -
I came home from work thinking that I still had a bunch of dishes to do before I could fully relax and lay down. But much to my surprise and an awesome roommate, they were done for me! It really is the little things that make you smile so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment