Thursday, August 1, 2013

Tar and Ice Cream

Today was definitely a thumbs up kind of day. Date day! Which I love. We haven't gotten to do that in awhile so it was much needed. We went up to the La Brea Tar Pits which I had never really seen, even though I go by it every time I go to work, and worked our way around. Oh first we at The Counter, which has fried pickles, which were the best I have found in LA thus far.




The Tar Pits are pretty cool and they have a little botanical garden thing that you can check out while you're there. And there was a man playing what sounded like Native American music. I don't know if that's the right term, but that's whay it sounded like.


We made our way from the Tar Pits to LACMA, which has these cool lights. These look really cool during the day too, but at night when they are lit up walking through them gives you that old city feel, and it's super awesome.

After this we made our way down toward Whimsic Alley like good nerdy people do if you are in Miracle Mile. Whimsic Alley is a Harry Potter based store that is made to look like Diagon Alley, and they have a Doctor Who room as well. After this is what made my day entirely.

I was thinking that we should have dessert since we had done all of that walking. Since the first time I had moved to LA I have always wanted to find a place where they had locally made ice cream. Because lets face it, forget Ben and Jerry's, it's the best! Well right next to Whimsic Alley we found this place. It's called Milk Jar Cookies, and it was awesome! You could even see then little vanilla bean pieces in the vanilla ice cream. I just had a scoop of ice cream and a chocolate chip cookie, and it was sooo good. The chocolate chips in the cookie were still melted and the cookie was still warm. These people are literally just making fresh cookies all day! They also sold some organic iced teas which were really good. I had the peach and was flabbergasted at how awesome it was. Tea and ice cream make a good combo.




This place also has a really cool vibe to it. It's like walking into a little mom and pop ice cream shop. Which is something I was missing around here, since practically grew up in one. They just play music from the 50's and 60's, which if you know me, you know that makes me even happier.

All in all a really fun day. The best part, is that it made me appreciate LA more. This city really does have a lot to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment