Thursday, August 1, 2013

Jam!

First I am officially admitting defeat on doing 30 straight days thing. I've failed, but that's okay. I can still highlight the positive things in my life without challenge thingies.




This deserves its own post because I am so proud of myself for doing it. I don't care how easy it was I am just proud of myself. I made my first set of homemade jam and it is sooo good! And Melody approved as well. That's important. I even went all California and used organic sugar, which by the way really is a lot better than processed sugar.

But yes I crushed the berries with a potato masher and everything, and will probably do it this way from now on. Since January I have been on a slow and steady mission to remove many processed and store bought things from my diet and I have just eliminated a big one, because I love PB&J if I get hungry in the middle of the night.

Now I just have to get a canner so I can do it the non super easy way next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment