Saturday, December 14, 2013

9 things Wednesday, Thursday and today

The last three days got a little hectic, but I'm going to post for all three days!

1 - So I have be fortunate enough to have someone to ride the bus home with most nights since starting my new job. Her name is Carly and she's probably the cutest little New Yorker you've ever met. She sounds like it for sure. The best part about the bus rides with her is that we are both talkers so when we are around each other, we have the best conversation. This particular night we were talking about body image. Carly is a dancer and is in great shape, it always baffles me when a girl who looks like her can still be insecure, but she's confident enough to not care at the same time. Carly is one of the sweetest, people I have ever made, and I'm glad we get to ride the bus together.

2 - So the whole pay if forward thing that I wanted for Christmas? It totally happened right in front of my eyes. A girl was in line at my job and had ordered but then started looking for her wallet and couldn't find it. Without hesitating, the man in front of her offered to buy her cupcake! How cool is that?! We ended just giving her one anyway but still, that was cool.

3 - This article from Huffpost 11 Body Image Heroes of 2013 - Shailene Woodley keeps surprising me!

4 - Last Christmas by Wham is always apart of my Christmas and for some reason I didn't listen to it until yesterday. But when it came on it made me smile

5 - There is a 24 hour donut shop, literally less than 2 blocks from my house. I had never gone because it looked sketch, as do many things in K-town. But I had to do laundry at the laundry mat the other night and my friend Ben went with me. This was the best crappy donut place...ever. I got a hot chocolate and a raspberry filled donut for $2.25. These thing just don't happen anymore. Part of the perks of living in the city I guess.

6 - World Market, where has this place been all my life?! I am now in love with this place. It's just a big store that has foods and stuff from all over the world. And cheap goods. I finally have wine glasses in my place because they had them for two dollars! Two dollars, and they are not all the flimsy either. It was nice to go into this store because Ben and I went to Sur La Table to look at possible gift things...that was a stupid idea. That store is as pretentious as pretentious can be. But World Market is a god of sorts. I mean I got a wine called Electric Reindeer!

7 - Fast work days - I worked a straight 6 days this week and now have two days off. But today just flew by, maybe it was the excitement of having the next two days to spend with my boyfriends sister and her hubby (which I am unbelievably excited for), regardless I was really thankful it went quickly.

8 - Reorganizing my life a little bit today, this week kind of got away from me. But because I got out earlier, I was able to come home and put things back where the belonged. Also I came home thinking that I was going to have sooo much cleaning to do. Had to clean the bathroom, dust and vacuum the living room and bedroom, and bunch of other things, but my awesome boyfriend had already done most of it! All I had to do was the bathroom and my side of the bedroom. It was really nice.

9 - So Delicious Nog - I can't believe I didn't write about this sooner. So I am a big fan of egg nog, except that when you drink it, it makes your breath reek, and it's pretty bad for you. Then I found this brand called So Delicious at the grocery store, and what they do is take normal drinks and create vegan friendly versions of some things, so they use coconut milk instead. I. am. obsessed. It tastes just like the real thing. I don't think I can ever go back now. Ever. It's so perfect and I drink more than a small glass before my stomach gets mad. Seriously try this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment